YMI currently has 55 mentors and 70 mentees in 5 public high schools in Hamilton County.
-Recruit and train 60 new mentors for the 2013 school year.
-Launch a new mentor program in the HSE school system during 2014.
-YMI’s long term goal is to have a community-funded mentor program in every Intermediate, Junior High, Freshman Campus, and High School in the HSE school system.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for caring adults in the Carmel, Fishers, and Noblesville areas to commit to a school year and spend one hour out of their week to mentor a student while they are in school. One hour of your time each week will make a difference in the life of a student.
Watch the Intro Video to the 5 Characteristics of a Mentor
CHARACTERISTICS OF A MENTOR
1. AVAILABLE - Not just in time but in presence. Watch the video
2. LISTENS – Young people need to know what they say is valuable. Watch the video
3. TEACHABLE – We have something to learn about life, whether we are 25 or 85. Watch the video
4. OPTIMISTIC – Looking beyond the Present and seeing the worth in others. Watch the video
5. OPEN-MINDED - Does not judge. Accept people as they are. Watch the video
The Power of Presence Watch the video
If you can commit to one hour a week and possess the five characteristics of a mentor, we would ask you to consider becoming a mentor. A student in your community needs a caring adult like you.
“YMI a Mentor? I am a mentor because I believe in our youth and want to make a positive impact in their lives.” – Nathan Pfahler, ReMAX Ultimate Agent